[Python-Dev] mkdir -p in python

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Jul 18 11:30:27 CEST 2010

On 17/07/2010 23:03, Peng Yu wrote:
> I don't see that there is a function in the library that mimic the
> behavior of 'mkdir -p'. If 'makedirs' is used, it will generate an
> error if the file already exists. There are some functions available
> on the website to close the gap. But I'd prefer this is in the
> library. Is there any plan to add a function that mimic the behavior
> of  'mkdir -p'?
>
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/82465-a-friendly-mkdir/

Presumably a new keyword argument could be added to os.makedirs. Could
you raise a feature request on the python bug tracker, preferably with
patch and tests of course!

It would be worth searching to see if there is an existing feature
request for this, and if so you can add a comment to it.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/