[Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Jul 14 10:10:02 CEST 2010

Am 12.07.2010 00:51, schrieb Mark Lawrence:

> I have been attempting to fill this hole and have been faced with
> animosity from people who "hang out" on the python-dev IRC channel.  I
> thought it was a complete and utter waste of space, so I don't intend
> going back.

I agree with everything David said about this.  My personal opinion is
that you've done great work on the tracker, and like a few others, I've
"rediscovered" a few issues I wanted to fix thanks to your "stirring up
the silt".  I don't think you have reason to be offended by criticism
(which was even pointed out to you as such).  Try hanging around a little
bit longer, take nothing too seriously, and see if you still get nothing
of value from #python-dev.

> I would like things fixed, not a cosy little "who's round
> is it next" mentality from the triage team.  IMHO if they spent more
> time doing things, and less time talking crap via IRC, things might get
> done.

Sure, and if it was work time, we probably would do this ;).  As it is
right now, this is volunteer time, and I would say that we're entitled
to do whatever helps us getting done the (not always exciting) work,
and our IRC crap talk, if that's what it is, happens to be among that.

cheers,
Georg