[Python-Dev] New regex module for 3.2?

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 9 22:14:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> I concentrated my efforts on the matching speed because regexes tend to
> be compiled only once, and are cached anyway, so I don't think it's as
> important.

I think most here will agree with that, but it might be good to keep
in mind that the sre implementation has already made that trade-off
once.  I don't remember what the compilation slowdown was at the time,
but I'd be surprised if Google can't find it, given sufficient fu.

  -Fred

"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein