[Python-Dev] query: docstring formatting in python distutils code

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Jul 7 21:11:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> I know, and this is what I originally intended for Sphinx.  However, the calls
> for automatic doc generation are very loud, and it's understandable that most
> project can't afford writing their documentation twice.

The ability to provide extended content beyond what's provided in the
docstring using the auto* constructs may make it feasible to start
avoiding some of those DRY violations for Python's standard library;
I'm enjoying those for another project.

I hope we don't end up in a position where we can't use the auto*
constructs in the Python documentation.

  -Fred

"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein