[Python-Dev] Signs of neglect?

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Sun Jul 4 18:58:53 CEST 2010

Hello pydev

I’d like to volunteer to maintain a tool but I’m not sure where I can
help. I’m already proposing changes to Brett for
Tools/scripts/patchcheck.py, and I have commented on Tools/i18n bugs,
but these ones are already maintained by their authors (e.g. Barry is
assigned pygettext bugs) and I’m by no means a gettext expert.

If I adopt a tool, it will still require some core dev time to review
and commit, but I’ll do the bug triage, discussion and coding.

I suggest that each adoption starts with a reindent.py run and a PEP 8
compliance check. Let demos and tools become a showcase to be proud of!

I have opened a bug to discuss adding a simple sanity test that would
just make sure tools and demos can run without syntax errors:
http://bugs.python.org/issue9153

There was an open bug about demos, http://bugs.python.org/issue7962,
I’ve widened it into a meta-bug for demos and tools. (I hope it is
okay.) Please comment, adopt or condemn demos and tools in that report.

Hope this helps.

Regards