[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration readiness

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jul 4 01:04:53 CEST 2010

> My question is basically the same as Terry Reedy's, but I'm going to
> phrase it a bit differently:
>
> This is perhaps a naive question, but why do you create a second local
> clone instead of just creating a branch?

IIUC, if you create a named branch, the branch will become globally
visible when you push your changes back. I assume people will consider
that clutter - it would be sufficient to just push the changes on the
branch, along with commit messages, but not the branch itself (which
would be only temporary, anyway).

I'm not even sure how you pull changes from one branch into another:
can somebody kindly explain the commands that would be required?

Regards,
Martin