[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration readiness (was: Taking over the Mercurial Migration)

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Fri Jul 2 16:29:23 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 16:17, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> As PEP 384 says - the transition is mostly to make lives of outside
> contributors easier. Core developers can wait for a while.

I think a lot of the core developers also want this because it makes
their lives better.

Also, several people so far have stated that they wouldn't be
interested in a SVN bridge -- AFAICT you are the only one. If you
really want this, maybe you can set it up and maintain it yourself?
Everything about the repo is freely available, so you can just get it
going.

Cheers,

Dirkjan