[Python-Dev] Bazaar branches available (again) on Launchpad

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 07:49:36 CET 2010

> I'd be happy to see bzr and mercurial and git all made it together
> into the stdlib for python 3. That would give a superb updating
> mechanism for python that would propel python well beyond
> the dinosaur badlands of CPAN and other languages.

I think there are several points that make them not includable in Python:
- git is not written in Python
- bzr and mercurial have a life cycle much shorter than Python's, it's
the same issue than with other libraries where another community
develops them.

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.