[Python-Dev] PEP 391 - Please Vote!

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:46:19 CET 2010

Paul Moore wrote:
> 2010/1/14 Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> So, can you please indicate your vote for or against incorporating PEP 391 into Python?
>
> I've no immediate need for the feature, but it would be good to have
> something like this, so I'm +1.

I'm in the same boat as Paul, but PEP 291 provides a nice forward
compatible configuration scheme that will work with any application
configuration approach that can produce an appropriate Python dictionary.

So +1 from me too - I think the PEP has now taken this as far as
theorising can go, and the only way to learn anything further is to put
it into practice.

Cheers,
Nick.