No subject

Mon Jan 18 10:37:10 CET 2010

> "Python 2.7 is scheduled to be the last major version in the 2.x
> series released by the Python Software Foundation before it moves into
> 5 years of bugfix-only mode. "
>
> That doesn't exclude *others* making a Python 2.8 that could include
> all sorts of crazy features. :)
>
> This is mainly just to get the pointless discussion over with.

I know you are just looking for a compromise, but this shouldn't be it:
the PSF has deliberately stayed out of the actual Python engineering,
so the release that Benjamin makes is not done by the PSF (but by
Benjamin and his contributors :-).

I like the wording as it is (although I find the promise of five years
of bug fix releases a bit too strong).

Regards,
Martin