[Python-Dev] bug triage

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jan 6 19:09:39 CET 2010

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis <at> pitrou.net> writes:

> Le Wed, 06 Jan 2010 08:57:42 -0600, Brian Curtin a écrit :
> > On the topic of bugs that can be readily closed (literally), I've
> > recently come across a number of issues which appear to be sitting in a
> > patch or review stage, but their patches have been committed and the
> > issue remains open. What is the best course of action there?
>
> Post a message on the issue asking for info.

Ok, I realize my answer might have been a bit terse :-)
The patch might be waiting to be merged in all development branches, or it may
not totally resolve the issue, or perhaps documentation needs to be updated, or
perhaps it is pending a verdict from the buildbots, etc. You can't deduce that
the issue is completely fixed from the simple fact that something has been
committed.

Regards

Antoine Pitrou.