[Python-Dev] PEP 385 progress report

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Feb 22 22:27:56 CET 2010

>> The other thing is that we will loose some vcs history and some
>> history granularity by switching development to the trunk version,
>> since just the svnmerged revisions will be converted.
>
> So the consensus is that 2to3 should be pulled out of the main Python
> tree?

Not sure what you mean by "pull out"; I had expect that the right verb
should be "pull into": 2to3 should be pulled into the main Python tree.

> Should the 2to3 hg repository be deleted, then?

Which one? To my knowledge, there is no official 2to3 repository yet.
When the switchover happens, 2to3 should not be converted to its own hg
repository, yes.

Regards,
Martin