[Python-Dev] Proposal for virtualenv functionality in Python

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Feb 20 23:31:17 CET 2010

Dj Gilcrease wrote:
> win2k and later have a form of sym link, the api for it is just not
> provided in a nice simple app like it is on nix platforms.

Yes, it's possible to create symlinks on win2k using a
command line tool called 'linkd' (I've done it).

However, they're extremely dangerous, because the GUI
side of win2k doesn't know about them. It thinks that a
symlink to a folder is a real folder, and if you delete
it, you end up deleting the contents of the folder that
the symlink points to. So if you use them, you need to
keep your wits about you.

--
Greg