[Python-Dev] deprecated stuff in standard library

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 16:23:02 CET 2010

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> My point is, as a matter of *policy*, nothing should be released that
> uses deprecated stuff.  I can't create a bug report about wrong (or
> incomplete) policies.

The policy is more that the test suite shouldn't raise Deprecation
Warnings unless it is explicitly checking for them (or otherwise testing
known-deprecated code).

If there is a hole in the test suite coverage such that paths that
trigger deprecated code are not exercised by the regression tests, then
that is a bug.

Cheers,
Nick.