[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.5

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Feb 10 13:14:50 CET 2010

anatoly techtonik <techtonik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, not many people have privilege to change bug properties
> to attract attention to the issues. For example, this patch -
> http://bugs.python.org/issue7582 is ready to be committed, it is
> trivial, not a release blocker, but would be nice be released.

Well not every bug deserves special attention.
The patch above is IMO low priority, since it's a minor addition to a script in
the Tools directory... Not something which will make a big difference, and I'm
being kind. :)

As for setting keywords, there doesn't seem to be much you could have an
authority to decide as a non-committer. You might think (and perhaps with good
reason) that the patch is ready for commit into the SVN, but it's precisely a
committer's job to decide that.

(if you want to apply for commit rights, you can do so on this mailing-list; I
cannot say if it could be accepted or not, since I haven't followed your
contributions very closely. But given you don't even seem to be mentioned in the
ACKS file the answer would probably be no at this point)

Regards

Antoine.