[Python-Dev] Fault handler updated, now disabled by default

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Dec 24 03:25:02 CET 2010

Le jeudi 23 décembre 2010 à 22:58 +0000, Martin (gzlist) a écrit :
> On 23/12/2010, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> wrote:
> >
> > I tested my patch on Windows (XP), Ubuntu (10.4) and FreeBSD (8) and it
> > works correctly: all tests pass and the system fault handler (Windows
> > popup, Apport and core dump) is also called.
>
> Doesn't build for me without #ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H in Python/fault.c

Yes, I wrote a comment about that in the issue. But then I realized that
this header is not needed at all.

> you missed my comment about raise vs. kill in the other thread
> which lets the SIGILL test run as well

Oh, I didn't noticed that this change enables sigill() on Windows.
Nice :-)

I created a third party module from my patch:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/faulthandler/

I commited your patch, thanks. I added you to the authors as a
contributor.

Victor