[Python-Dev] r87389 - in python/branches/py3k: Doc/library/unittest.rst Lib/unittest/case.py Misc/NEWS

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Dec 21 21:27:50 CET 2010

On 12/21/2010 4:17 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
> Glenn Linderman wants (actual, expected) and diffing to follow that

If you say that is what I said, fine.  I might not have understood the
example well enough to say the right thing.  I liked Nick's explanation,
using the actual and expected words in his example, but

-expected
+actual
-old
+new

is what I would expect in the diff.  I didn't say anything about the
parameters, I don't care, except that the documentation leads me to use
it correctly, so that I get the above diff results.

Sadly, if the diff results are not as above, I would probably misuse the
parameters to achieve it, unless doing something for which the standard
is to do it "backwards".