[Python-Dev] use case for bytes.format

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Dec 12 23:33:19 CET 2010

On 12/12/2010 2:04 PM, Zeljko wrote:

This post should have gone to python-list, mirrored as
gmane.comp.python.general. Please limit any further response to either
of those (or c.l.p) and delete pydev.

> I'm considering to write some pure python pdf lib from from scratch, but found
> there is no built-in formating for bytes.

Bytes do, but you should use text str for general text manipulation.

> It's very frustrating to use some inefficient surogate funtion, which is gong to
> be called thousands times.

This sentence has 3 spelling mistakes, 2 of which would be caught with a
mail client like Thunderbird (free) that has spelling correction. Please
consider switching.

--
Terry Jan Reedy