[Python-Dev] porting python.org

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Dec 11 18:19:59 CET 2010

Am 11.12.2010 11:36, schrieb Prashant Kumar:
> I was wondering if we could contribute in porting of python.org
> <http://python.org> website over to python3k. If we can, what are the steps to
> be taken and other necessary requirements?

The SVN repository for python.org is currently not publicly available, but you
can get access asking on the pydotorg-www at python.org mailing list.

An excerpt from the README:

External packages required:

  Mako (http://www.makotemplates.org/)
  [Note that Mako requires setuptools to install out-of-the-box.  You can
   also just copy the lib/mako/ tree into your Python's site-packages
   directory if you prefer not to install setuptools.]

  PyYAML (http://pyyaml.org/wiki/PyYAML)

  Docutils (http://docutils.sf.net)

So the first step would be to determine whether Mako and PyYAML are ported
yet, and if not, help porting them.  Docutils is ported already.

cheers,
Georg