[Python-Dev] Using logging in the stdlib and its unit tests

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Dec 10 12:58:50 CET 2010

Hey Vinay,

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:46:18 +0000 (UTC)
Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy <at> udel.edu> writes:
>
> > Your proposal struck me as probably the best way forward. Can you code
> > it up and put a patch on the tracker that people can test before the
> > next beta?
>
> Coded up (including unit test) and checked into py3k branch, r87157. Regressions
> pass OK. Old behaviour can be obtained by setting logging.lastResort = None.

When you make significant changes outside of logging, it would be nice
if you first opened an issue and posted the patch for review. There's
nothing obviously wrong with what you committed, but I think it's
principally better to ask first for advice.

(then there's nothing wrong with committing if you didn't get an
opinion past a week or two)

Regards

Antoine.