[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r86855 - in python/branches/py3k: Doc/library/unittest.rst Lib/unittest/case.py

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 11:57:27 CET 2010

On 09/12/2010 03:45, Éric Araujo wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Author: raymond.hettinger
>> Date: Mon Nov 29 02:38:25 2010
>> New Revision: 86855
>> Log: Do not add an obsolete unittest name to Py3.2.
>> Modified: python/branches/py3k/Lib/unittest/case.py
>> -    # Old name for assertCountEqual()
>> -    assertItemsEqual = assertCountEqual
> When we merge distutils2 back into the stdlib, our tests will have to
> work with stdlib unittest in 3.3 or unittest2 for older Pythons (we’ll
> still make standalone releases for them).  unittest2 doesn’t have
> assertCountEqual, unittest in 3.2+ doesn’t have assertItemsEqual, what’s
> the plan for compatibility?

unittest2 will continue to track changes in unittest. A 0.6.0 release is
planned, with feature parity with the version of unittest in Python 3.2.
Of course if you want to help that would be much appreciated. :-)

All the best,

Michael Foord

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.