[Python-Dev] Status of PEP 3143?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 8 22:16:54 CET 2010

Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> writes:

> 2010/12/8 Kirk McDonald <kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com>:
> > What is the status of PEP 3143? It appears to be aimed at 3.2, but
> > there does not appear to be a resolution on it.

I am the PEP 3143 author and champion. It hasn't been presented for a
resolution yet.

Development of the reference implementation is complete but not yet
suitable for standard library inclusion; progress in that direction has
stalled due to intermittent communication between the developers.

Further questions specifically about the PEP content or its
implementation to me directly, if you like. Or in ‘comp.lang.python’, if
you prefer.

> It's after beta freeze now, so definitely not 3.2.

So it's not abandoned, but I don't know which version should be the
current target. What change should I make to the PEP in such a case?

--
 \          “I used to be an airline pilot. I got fired because I kept |
  `\       locking the keys in the plane. They caught me on an 80 foot |