[Python-Dev] kill_python on windows buildbots

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 16:11:58 CET 2010

Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> writes:

> Maybe belt-and-suspenders it in both places.

The clean batch file is also called from the build step, so relocating it
there should maintain the existing behavior as well.

Hirokazu (ocean-city) pointed out in my new issue an earlier issue he
created (#9973) that included a patch for such a change.

In thinking about it some more, I suppose there's still a small window
for a loss of communication during a test which results in clean not
being run (which could then block the next svn checkout without an
opportunity to kill the processes), so maybe the right place is
actually at the end of the test batch file which is the step during
which such hung processes might get generated?  I don't know the
history, if any, of it's current location in the flow.

Relocating the use of kill_python seems reasonable to me, after which
we could sort of wait and see if we run into any other hangs that
interfere with the builds.  I can't make such a change myself though.

-- David