[Python-Dev] PEP 384 accepted

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Dec 2 23:29:10 CET 2010

>> The "distutils is unmaintained" situation. It's not only unmaintained
>> now, but proposed improvements are rejected without consideration, on
>> the grounds that they are changes.
>
> I welcome those changes in Distutils2. That's the whole point.

That would be useful if there was a clear vision of when distutils2
will be released. Please understand that I'm not blaming you for not
releasing it (it *is* too much for a single person), but please
understand that it's also not helpful to submit changes to a codebase
that is not going to be released in a foreseeable future.

Regards,
Martin