[Python-Dev] Python and the Unicode Character Database

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Dec 2 22:27:39 CET 2010

> Arabic numerals are being used a lot nowadays in Asian countries,
> but that doesn't mean that the native script versions are not
> being used anymore.

I never claimed that people are not using their local scripts to enter
numbers. However, none of your examples is about Chinese numerals using
an ASCII full stop as a decimal point. The only thing I claimed about
usage (actually only repeating haiyang kang's earlier claim) is that
nobody would enter Chinese numerals with a keyboard and then use full
stop as the decimal separator.

So all your counter-examples just don't apply - I don't deny them.

Regards,
Martin