[Python-Dev] PEP 384 accepted

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:11:20 CET 2010

2010/12/2 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:

>>> Thanks! will do (I'll also take into consideration the proposed changes).
>>
>> I did not get an answer to my last mail about distutils / distutils2
>
> What was the question again, and whom did you want an answer from?

You can read it in the archives here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-November/106138.html

tldr:

The question was "Why not implementing this in Distutils2 ?"
Your answer was "No, PEP 3149 was accepted, I will do this in Distutils1"
My answer was "Having an accepted PEP does not imply your code lands
in the sdtlib (like PEP 376 and 345)"

So the question still stands: "Why not implementing this in Distutils2 ?"

Regards
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org