[Python-Dev] Python and the Unicode Character Database

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Thu Dec 2 21:05:05 CET 2010

Am 02.12.2010 20:40, schrieb "Martin v. Löwis":
>> Maybe all past, present and future whatsnew maintainers can agree on these
>> rules, which I copied directly from whatsnew/3.2.rst?
>
> I don't think all past maintainers can

Yes, and the same goes for the future ones, since they may not even know yet
that they will be whatsnew maintainers.  Or maybe they aren't born yet (let's
hope for a long life of Python 3...).

> (I'm pretty certain that AMK
> would disagree), but if that's the current policy, I can certainly try
> following it (I didn't know it exists because I never look at the file).

The large chunk of rules appeared in 2.6, where AMK still was maintainer.
But even in the whatsnew for 2.4, there is this:

.. Don't write extensive text for new sections; I'll do that.
.. Feel free to add commented-out reminders of things that need
.. to be covered.  --amk

But in any case, they are certainly valid for the current whatsnew -- even
if Raymond likes to grumble about too expansive commits :)

Georg