[Python-Dev] Update Shell profile for ZSH on Mac OS

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Aug 27 10:03:37 CEST 2010

On 26Aug2010 14:37, Sylvain Mora <sylvain.mora at googlemail.com> wrote:
| I use python for more than a year now and i bought a MacBook in July. I
| installed Python 2.7 using the .dmg archive on the official website. After
| the installation I launched the Update Shell Profile.command script,
| but it doesn't work with ZSH. That's why I have write a small patch to
| be able to use this script with ZSH shell.
|
| He simply set the path fo zsh shell.
[...]
| +zsh)
| +        PR="${HOME}/.zshenv"

The equivalent of .profile/.bash_profile in zsh is the .zprofile file.
The .zshenv is not where your account setup should live and is not what
should be used in this patch.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;        - T.S. Eliot, _The Hollow Men_