[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r84190 - python/branches/release31-maint/Doc/library/stdtypes.rst

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:32:09 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> The dev FAQ is clear about regular use, it tells about the
> svnmerge-commit-message too, and people in #python-dev have told me that
> the merge order is py3k > 3.1, py3k > 2.7. My problem here is that I
> committed r84190 in 3.1 manually, but it should have been an svnmerge of
> r84187. So my question is: Do I have to svnmerge block -r84187 in 3.1?

Better to do "svnmerge merge --record-only -r84187".

(I have another request for the dev FAQ - could we get an FAQ entry
about how to update the FAQ itself? I usually just post here in the
hopes that someone will fix it, but we should be able to do better
than that. People have told me many times in the past how it actually
gets updated, but it never sticks in my memory).

Cheers,
Nick.