[Python-Dev] New Summary Lists on Issue Tracker

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 23:12:15 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Fred Drake <fdrake at acm.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Mark Dickinson <dickinsm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, perhaps I'm the only person bothered by this (and when I say
>> 'bothered', it's not exactly keeping me up at nights).
>
> I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, but the logo-link is
> generally considered very non-discoverable.  Keeping a query in the
> sidebar doesn't seem a huge price to pay.

Same here - we aren't *that* pressed for vertical real estate that we
can't afford to keep the explicit search. The mouseover for the logo
isn't particular clear either (since it relies on the fact that "all
open issues" is the default search when you land on bugs.python.org
directly).

Cheers,
Nick.