[Python-Dev] [python-committers] (Windows) buildbots on 3.x

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Aug 4 17:33:22 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 04 août 2010 à 16:28 +0100, Paul Moore a écrit :
> On 4 August 2010 13:05, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>
> >> I'm also quite confused by the test_smtpd failures that pop up on some
> >> of the test runs that I've had absolutely no luck reproducing locally
> >> under OS X or Solaris.
> >
> > It happens when running test_smtplib before test_smtpb:
>
> Nice! How did you work that out? I'd like to learn how to diagnose
> this sort of thing, because it seems to come up a lot, and I'm not
> much use at the moment :-)

I took a quick look at test_smtpd, and the one possibly fishy thing that
stood out was the monkeypatching of the socket module using
test.mock_socket. Since monkeypatching typically goes wrong when several
people monkeypatch the same thing, and the other test.mock_socket user
is test_smtplib, and since the buildbots run tests in random order
(rather than in deterministic alphabetic order), I simply tried to run
test_smtplib before test_smtpd.

Regards

Antoine.