[Python-Dev] Windows

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:10:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 20:08, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> It's a little disappointing to discover that despite the relatively
> large number of developers who have received MSDN licenses from
> Microsoft, none if us have the time to make sure that the buildbots are
> green for the 2.6.6 release.
>
> I wonder if anyone can think of a way we can get some Windows skillz
> into the group that could assist at ties like this. Some brainstorming
> might find a way through.
>
> regards
>  Steve

In my case, 2.6 in general just fell off the radar. 2/3 of the 2.6 Windows
buildbots are fine, with the failing one being the case of a very slow VM
machine and a time sensitive bsddb test. I looked into it this afternoon and
it's something we can improve test-wise -- I'll see if I can work up a
patch. It's not a problem with the module itself.

As for getting the attention of more Windows devs, there are a few names I
see pop up from time to time that would be nice to have on board if they
have the time. I'll see if I can reach out and gauge their interest level.