[Python-Dev] No response to posts

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 01:00:46 CEST 2010

On 02/08/2010 22:18, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> 2010/8/2 Terry Reedy<tjreedy at udel.edu>:
>> On 8/2/2010 12:54 PM, Brian Curtin wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:39, Ralf Schmitt<ralf at brainbot.com
>>> <mailto:ralf at brainbot.com>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>     Benjamin Peterson<benjamin at python.org<mailto:benjamin at python.org>>
>>>     writes:
>>>
>>>      >  Please, let's stop messing with the tracker for everything. I think
>>>      >  the current set up works reasonably well, and we should focus on the
>>>      >  real problem: manpower
>>
>> Two months ago, I discovered and reported that about 1/5 of open issues had
>> no responses. Is that 'reasonably well'?
>
> I'm only referring to the infrastructure when I say "the current
> setup." I don't think repeatedly tweaking the tracker is likely to
> close more issues.

I find this response quite pathetic.  The bulk of Terry's post has been
snipped.  My own earlier response has been ignored.  Please Benjamin get
out of your ivory tower, there are people such as myself who want to
help, but we feel locked out.

Yes I am aware that I've more than trodden on a few toes as part of my
learning curve, but all in all in I'm very proud of the fact that in my
brief tenure I've helped the Python community.  The number of responses
that I've had stating "Thanks I've forgotten that one" far out number
the negative ones.  Actually I've never had any negative ones.  I guess
that some of you are not as bold as I pretend to be.  Honestly by nature
I'm very quiet and shy so when I start talking like this I'm being very
serious and it's taken me years to get there.

Further, issues don't have to be closed, but what has to happen is that
any issue that get raised *MUST* have a response.  This doesn't mean
someone bumping the Python versions up five years after the issue was
raised.

Fly back at me if you like.  I don't care about me.  I don't care about
you.  I do care about Python.

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.