[Python-Dev] Yield-From Implementation Updated for Python 3

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@bioinformed.com> bioinformed at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 14:49:17 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz>wrote:

> I have updated my prototype yield-from implementation
> to work with Python 3.1.2.

My work is primarily on the management and analysis of huge genomics
datasets.  I use Python generators extensively and intensively to perform
efficient computations and transformations on these datasets that avoid the
need to materialize them in main memory to the extent possible.   I've spent
a great deal of effort working around the lack of an efficient "yield from"
construct and would be very excited to see this feature added.  More so, now
that BioPython, NumPy, SciPy and other libraries that I depend on are well
on their way to supporting Python 3, the availability of this feature alone
would be incentive enough to update my code base to Python 3.

So in short:

+1

-Kevin