[Python-Dev] Two small PEP ideas

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Apr 30 21:51:42 CEST 2010

> As to Guido's point about the decision making process, Nick's right.  I just
> want to make sure we can capture the resolution in the PEP, be it by BDFL
> pronouncement or "hey, silence is acceptance" email.

I don't think "silence is acceptance" will work out in practice. For
issues where a PEP was written in the first place, somebody will
*always* object, and forever so, hoping that what he considers a mistake
will not be done. The advantage of Guido acting as BDFL was that
somebody would make an decision ultimately, one which both proponents
and opponents of the PEP would accept.

Without a BDFL, I think we need a committee to make decisions, e.g. by
majority vote amongst committers.

Regards,
Martin