[Python-Dev] please take a look at buildbot result [was: Broken link to download (Mac OS X)]

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Apr 29 20:28:47 CEST 2010

Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Well - I have nine failing tests on trunk for Mac OS X with Snow Leopard.
>
> 9 tests failed:
>     test_cmd_line test_imp test_import test_posix test_pydoc
>     test_runpy test_urllib2 test_urllib2_localnet test_warnings
>
> I believe that Victor has ensured that the buildbot failures have open
> issues against, I'm just going to check that the failures I see are
> the same.

Just built on Intel/Leopard with the trunk (almost vanilla, except for
_ssl.c) and tested.  Here's what I configured:

./configure --prefix=/local/python/trunk --disable-universalsdk --disable-framework --disable-toolbox-glue --with-pydebug

And here's the results with "make test":

342 tests OK.
6 tests failed:
    test_argparse test_grp test_posix test_pwd test_socket_ssl
    test_urllib2_localnet
37 tests skipped:
    test_aepack test_al test_applesingle test_bsddb test_bsddb3
    test_cd test_cl test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk
    test_codecmaps_jp test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_curses
    test_epoll test_gdb test_gdbm test_gl test_imgfile test_largefile
    test_linuxaudiodev test_macos test_macostools test_ossaudiodev
    test_readline test_scriptpackages test_smtpnet test_socketserver
    test_startfile test_sunaudiodev test_timeout test_tk
    test_ttk_guionly test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_winreg
    test_winsound test_zipfile64
8 skips unexpected on darwin:
    test_aepack test_applesingle test_gdb test_macos test_macostools
    test_readline test_scriptpackages test_ttk_guionly

Why is the skip of "test_readline" unexpected on darwin?  The readline
on Darwin isn't what Python wants.

Bill