[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do?triage.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 28 16:11:15 CEST 2010

A.M. Kuchling writes:

 > True.  This makes me wonder if we should be data-mining the tracker
 > information to look for significant contributors that no one has
 > noticed.

It's an interesting idea.  But I've done something similar to this, ad
hoc[1], a few times in XEmacs, and it has never worked out.  That's
not to say it never will, but I found that people with a long-term
low-level interest generally have a reason for being that way.

Footnotes:
[1]  In looking through logs, I see a person whose name I recognize
from other commits associated with a currently problematic area, and
get in touch.  They've been happy to give what advice they can on the
current issue, but then gracefully decline more regular involvement.