[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do triage.

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 20:39:11 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Jesse Noller <jnoller <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Just to add fuel to the fire w.r.t this discussion about
>> process-improvements, lowering friction, etc. I'd like to point out
>> (unintentionally tooting my own horn) a discussion I started up on
>> this exact topic last week:
>>
>> http://jessenoller.com/2010/04/22/why-arent-you-contributing-to-python/
>>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/burio/why_arent_you_contributing_to_python/
>> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1285897
>
> I have read most of the comments there and I haven't seen anyone suggest that
> privileges should be given earlier or more easily.
> (on the other hand, a clearer process perhaps wouldn't hurt)
>
> Does your private feedback suggest otherwise?

I brought this up in the context of lowering the barrier to
contribution; not as a value statement surrounding whether or not we
should give out privileges sooner rather than later - most of the
comments echo the sentiment of "it's hard or unapproachable to become
part of this project".

I personally feel that if a person is willing to do the work, and
someone vouches for them and is willing to be their mentor, there's no
reason to wave our hands and say no.

jesse