[Python-Dev] Enhanced tracker privileges for dangerjim to do triage.

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Apr 26 14:14:17 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 02:25:33AM -0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> I think there should be a page on python.org that says all
> contributors are welcome, and one way to become a contributor is to
> wrangle the issue tracker, and explains what this involves (I don't
> really have any idea, actually; I assume it's things like setting

Actually there already is such a page:
http://www.python.org/dev/contributing/ . Excerpt:

   If you have helped out in the issue tracker for a little while or
   have been a good participant on python-dev you may ask for
   Developer privileges on the tracker which allow you to change any
   and all metadata on an issue.

   Please don't be shy about asking for the privilege! We are more
   liberal with giving out this ability than with commit privileges,
   so you don't need to have been contributing for a year to gain this
   ability. And with Developer privileges you can work more
   autonomously and be an even greater help by narrowing down what
   issues on the tracker deserve the most attention at any one time.

Issue workflow is specified in http://www.python.org/dev/workflow/.

Suggestions for text improvements/changes are welcomed.

--amk