[Python-Dev] Support byte string API of Windows in Python3?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Apr 20 22:19:34 CEST 2010

> Amaury reopened my issue #8393 "subprocess: support undecodable current
> working directory on POSIX OS" because "It does not work on Windows" (bytes
> are rejected).

I see. I'd like to know whether that's an incompatible change. We
shouldn't make incompatible changes in that matter. However, if you were
not able to pass a bytes cwd on Windows before, it's fine that you still
are not able to.

I'm puzzled how your patch could have possibly affected Windows, since
it was only change _posixsubprocess.c. So I'm closing the report again.

> Amaury also reopened #8394 "ctypes.dlopen() doesn't support surrogates",
> because ctypes.CDLL() rejects byte string.

Ok, I'll close this as well.

Regards,
Martin