[Python-Dev] Automatic installer builds (was Re: Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X))

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:55:13 CEST 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

>> I do currently have a DMG built for 2.7 Beta 1, if it would be useful.
>
> As I said before: if you would plan to do this on a regular basis, for
> all upcoming releases, that would certainly be a good thing.

No argument - just figured I'd offer to get past the near term
resource issue, presuming that having a beta installer available is
better than not, even with some build-environment difference risk.

I could probably commit to a longer term too, but it sounds like
Ronald is still on board for that.  I've also been a little hesitant
since there's clearly a lot of effort that has been put into the Mac
build stuff and I didn't want to be the inexperienced bull in the
china shop compared to those who have been doing it for a while.

I'm happy to stick with the buildbot side of things for now, and
remain willing to assist in any changes to better match the buildbot
builds to the final distribution process for more aligned testing.

-- David