[Python-Dev] patch for review: __import__ documentation

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Apr 16 19:50:51 CEST 2010

Yes, we have different opinions. My personal take is to wait a week before
you email python-dev if there has been no activity. That is enough time for
people interested in the patch to get to it as we all have different
schedules. Any faster and it feels like noise on the list to me.

Brett (from his phone)

On Apr 14, 2010 11:28 PM, "Glyph Lefkowitz" <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

On Apr 14, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:

> I see the confusion. I think Martin meant more about open issues that
required discussion, not sim...

Ach.  I hit 'send' too soon.  I also wanted to say: it seemed quite clear to
me that Martin specifically meant "simply issues that had a patch ready to
go".  Quoting him exactly:

Please understand that setting the state of an issue to "review" may
*not* be the best way to trigger a review - it may be more effective
to post to python-dev if you truly believe that the patch can be
committed as-is.

It seems that perhaps the core developers have slightly different opinions
about this? :)