[Python-Dev] Automatic installer builds (was Re: Fwd: Broken link to download (Mac OS X))

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 14 20:37:14 CEST 2010

> I seem to recall there was some issue (aside from the current lack of a
> reliable OS X buildbot) that prevented us from regularly grabbing the
> head of the tree and using it to automatically build the Windows and Mac
> installers (to check that the installers could actually be created,
> preventing a repeat of the Mac situation with 2.7b1).
>
> Am I misremembering the discussion from last time this topic came up?

I only remember a similar discussion, which was about why the Windows
nightly builds had been dropped. The reason was that the process was too
flaky and required too much manual fixing, and that the demand for these
binaries was too low. I don't recall OSX being mentioned in that
discussion, though.

Regards,
Martin