[Python-Dev] OS information, tags

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 13 20:22:40 CEST 2010

On 4/13/2010 10:17 AM, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

>      >>            I am surprised to see that the bug-tracker
>      >> doesn't have an OS classifier or ability to add
>      >> tags ? Since a number of issues reported seem to
>      >
>      > There is one. In the Components you can do a multiple select and it
>      > has Macintosh , Windows as options.
>

>   Thanks for pointing that out. I missed it.

Me to. Are thery really never any *nix specific bugs? There are *nix
specific features, so bugs in those features would be.

>   Separate question: Who is in charge of bug triaging in pydev ? This is
> something which I would like to help out with, if help is required :-)

It is being done well now, but it is possible that some of those doing
so could move up to patch review, or something, if there were more triagers.

I started by registering and just making unofficial triage comments like
'behavior matches doc' followed by 'recommend closing as invalid' or
'recommend changing to feature request' or 'recommend changing to doc
improvement request' as I thought best. Eventually (after about a year)
a committer noticed that he (nearly) always agreed and gave me admin
privileges to make the changes directly. David's #python-dev suggestion
would speed that process ;-) I might even give it a try sometime when I
am in doubt and would otherwise not do anything. One way or the other,
give it a try.

Terry Jan Reedy