[Python-Dev] python compiler

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 6 01:44:51 CEST 2010

willian at ufpa.br wrote:
> for a college project, I proposed to create a compiler for python. I've
> read something about it and maybe I saw that made a bad choice. I hear
> everyone's opinion respond.

I don't want to discourage you if you really want to try,
but you need to be aware that you'd be taking on a very
challenging project -- at least if you intend the compiled
code to be substantially faster than interpretation.

You should also check out what others have been doing in
this area: PyPy, Cython, Unladen Swallow.

--
Greg