[Python-Dev] PEP 3147 working implementation

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Apr 1 22:12:42 CEST 2010

I now have a working implementation of PEP 3147 which passes all the existing,
and new, tests.  I'm sure there's still work to do, but I think the branch
is in good enough shape to start getting some feedback from python-dev.

You can grab the changes in several ways.  If you have Bazaar, you can check
out the branch by doing:

% bzr branch lp:~barry/python/pep3147

You can also view a live diff online:

https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/python/pep3147/+merge/22648

or just download the diff, which should apply cleanly against the py3k
Subversion branch (or pretty close):

https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/python/pep3147/+merge/22648/+preview-diff/+files/preview.diff

Modulo some lag time, the diffs should track changes I make to the branch.

You can provide feedback to me directly, as a follow up to this message, or in
Launchpad.  I've also updated the PEP to point to these locations for the
reference implementation.

Cheers,
-Barry