[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review, and the inclusion process

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Sep 28 20:21:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 02:39:06 am Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I think Peter is pretty frustrated by the many attacks on "his"
> library. There are probably a number of different things going on
> simultaneous: Peter has been driven into the defense by attacks both
> reasonable and unreasonable, there have been misunderstandings all
> around, teasing out use cases (by both parties) has been a problem.

As one of those people who has been critical of parts of Peter's module,
I'd like to publicly say that I *mostly* like it. Sometimes we focus
too much on the negatives and don't remember to give credit where
credit is due.

Hopefully we can reach consensus, or at least understanding, on the
remaining issue(s).

--
Steven D'Aprano