[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Sep 27 20:17:34 CEST 2009

Peter Moody <peter <at> hda3.com> writes:

> > (or would you argue that Address objects should have an optional
distinguishing
> > port number, for "convenience" reasons?)
>
> I'm not sure what you're talking about, I've never argued to add layer
> 4 information to ipaddr.

It was an analogy, just like your "float" analogy.

> I'm not sure what annoys you about this.

I have already explained it: what annoys me is that it makes `Network` a hybrid
object conflating two independent concepts, and makes the library less
understandable as a result.

Others have already pointed out that it makes operations like equality
confusing.

Regards

Antoine.