[Python-Dev] thinking about 2.7 / buildbots / testing

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Sep 24 16:14:46 CEST 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 at 13:49, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Le Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:23:31 -0400, David Lyon a écrit :
>>
>> Depends on where the machines are. There are good tools do check all
>> automatically. Nagios is one.
>>
>> Anyway, this would suite my work schedule for the next 12 months.
>>
>> Do we already have the machines? or do they need to be acquired?
>
> I have (root) access to a powerful x86-64 Debian machine that I might
> give you non-root access to, if it's enough. I'll have to ask the owner
> of the machine, however. Tell me if that can be useful.

I've been a sysadmin for years (among other things).  If Jean-Paul's
suggestion of forming a small team to manage this is followed, I
volunteer to be part of that team.  And if Snakebite isn't enough I
have a well-connected platform I could run Linux buildbots on in
vserver virthosts, and a less-well-connected platform that could run
KVM based stuff.

--David (R. David Murray)