[Python-Dev] thinking about 2.7

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 23 23:36:30 CEST 2009

Michael Foord <fuzzyman <at> voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> Are we definitely decided that 2.7 will be the last major release in the
> 2.x cycle?

I don't think any "definitive" decision was made, but judgeing by Benjamin's and
Brett's answers (and by my own sentiment :-)), it certainly is the expectation
of some core developers that we focus primarily on 3.x after 2.7 is released.

Of course, if a large enough number of core developers want to backport stuff to
2.x, they probably can arrange to do so.

Regards

Antoine.